Position Description: Salesperson
Reports to: Sales Manager
Position Summary: The Salesperson is directly responsible for selling vehicles meeting gross profit, volume and customer satisfaction standards. Must present a professional appearance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determine each customer’s vehicle needs by asking pertinent questions and carefully listening.
- Demonstrate vehicles, including test drives.
- Properly introduce new customers to the Service facilities and to the appropriate Service personnel.
- Deliver vehicles to customers. Ensures customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty and maintenance schedule while laying the foundation for customer loyalty.
- Maintain an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Keep informed of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Review with the Sales Manager monthly objectives, weekly activities and daily planned activities.
- Understand the terminology of the automobile business, be informed on technological changes in the products and be able to communicate to customers.
- Report any vehicle lot damage or any problem with a vehicle to the Sales Manager immediately.
- Know and understand federal, state and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Complete all training as directed by supervisor.
- Follow policies and procedures as set forth in Employee Handbook.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
Educational: High school diploma or the equivalent.